POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Macro tutorial : Re: Macro tutorial Server Time
11 Aug 2024 21:24:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Macro tutorial
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 1 May 1999 08:28:31
Message: <372AE5ED.E6F20A38@inapg.inra.fr>
Recursive macros were a cypher too until I found the pyramid.pov & pyramid2.pov macros
in the
povray directory. There was (is ?) also an example of a simple fractal tree made with
recursive macro in the isosurface patch which was the grand daddy of the MakeTree
family. I
didn't check with the latest version of this patch but it should be still there. Most
of what
I learnt on macros was obtained by reverse-engineering the clean, well-designed ones
by Chris
Colefax, John VanSickle, Margus Ramst, Steve Pigeon and many other contributors in the
povray
newsgroups.
Gilles